PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD vsti pitchbend
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

jan ist offline
  vsti pitchbend        Go on top to this Page

hello everybody!

would you please tell me to bend vst instruments?

thank you
jan

23.12.2003, 00:57 Profile of jan Add jan to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

You cannot bend notes sent to a VST unless the VST supports it. This may be done through MIDI commands, By a note slide/glide value, or by other VST Specific commands.

You can get pitch changing effects, but that's a messy way of doing it... I don't know enough MIDI commands to be able to use them, but someone else may be able to help you with this...

23.12.2003, 03:32 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
nolwenn

Date Registered:

nolwenn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

jan you will have to look for the documentation of the VSTi and see if they are able to receive the pitch bend message

if they can, you just have to insert a mcm command in the patterns
a mcm-E0-machinenumber-xxxx should work

if you use a hardware midi controller you can map the pitch bend in the midi controller dialog

BUT actually (i am using psycle v1.73rc1) the pitch wheel mapping in the midi controller dialog does not work

with "insert mcm" checked : its does not insert the mcm command
with "insert ins" checked : it insert the mcm-E0 command but the MSB et LSB seems to be inverted (msb instead of the lsb and vice versa)

Last edited by nolwenn on 11.01.2004, 00:08 o'clock.

10.01.2004, 23:36 Profile of nolwenn Add nolwenn to your Buddy-List
pooplog
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

pooplog ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

i really hate psycle's midi implementation. The stuff I put in to correct that is nearly useless as well, it is a pain in the ass to set up. I've made a build for my own purposes where raw incoming midi is sent to vstis, i believe that is what most people who consider psycle as a live music possiblity would like.

I think i will add a mode that records raw midi messages directly to MCMs without all that remapping nonsense.

12.01.2004, 17:53 Profile of pooplog Add pooplog to your Buddy-List Homepage of pooplog
nolwenn

Date Registered:

nolwenn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

a mode that records raw midi messages directly to MCMs

This would be great pooplog

but i hope that the possibility to tweak the native machine and the VST which don't respond to midi cc will be still there.

12.01.2004, 19:01 Profile of nolwenn Add nolwenn to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS