PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions ABOUT THE SITE FEEDBACK NEEDED FOR NEXT PSYCLEDELICS VERSION
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
heatseeker
Administrator

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
  FEEDBACK NEEDED FOR NEXT PSYCLEDELICS VERSION        Go on top to this Page

Hi everybody,

we really need to know what you want as functionalities in the next psycledelics version.

In term of flexibility, functionalities for lambda users (most of everybody on the site) etc...

What i can say for the moment:

- We will keep the datas of the actual version.
- Users will be able to add/modify their own files/songs/news/messages (!) and to delete their own songs and news/messages.
- A search will online to search into everything (files, news, songs, messages etc...)

A last thing: the HTTP server (or php parser) is very slow. It is NOT the application. we will try to correct it with the hoster.

I wait for your suggestions!
long life to Psycle !

14.11.2003, 00:02 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
FingerSoup
Psycler

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

As I suggested a whille ago, Song reviews linked to the song. No real need for a rating system (they always get abused), but to be able to see what people thought of your song, would be nice...

14.11.2003, 03:45 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
ksn
Administrator

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by FingerSoup
As I suggested a whille ago, Song reviews linked to the song. No real need for a rating system (they always get abused), but to be able to see what people thought of your song, would be nice...

something like a link to a board post ?

14.11.2003, 09:08 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
Kriko
Psycler

Date Registered:

Kriko ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Agreed with FingerSoup - Song comments linked to song... no stars or anything, just short comments. It might even be nice to have these open for everyone without login, so theyre not part of the boards.

A bit like the instrument comments on http://www.databaseaudio.co.uk/ or the game comments on http://www.lemon64.com/.

Then of course I wish the site would be fully Mozilla compliant

Looking fwd 2 the nu site!

-Kriko

14.11.2003, 09:47 Profile of Kriko Add Kriko to your Buddy-List Homepage of Kriko
ksn
Administrator

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by Kriko Then of course I wish the site would be fully Mozilla compliant

what is your problem with Mozilla ? i use it as my main browser and don't have any problem on the actual site...

14.11.2003, 10:17 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
heatseeker
Administrator

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by FingerSoup

good idea. i like it. comments but no rating.

14.11.2003, 10:28 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
sampler
Psycler

Date Registered:

sampler ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I use Mozilla too and don't have problems with Psycledelics.

Maybe entering as guest to post on the boards is a good idea...

14.11.2003, 10:41 Profile of sampler Add sampler to your Buddy-List Add sampler to your Contact-List AIM Screenname: jegln6 YIM Screenname: jegln6
heatseeker
Administrator

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by sampler
Maybe entering as guest to post on the boards is a good idea...

mmmh. i personnaly don't think it's good to have guest posting...

could u explain a little more why it's a good idea?

14.11.2003, 11:03 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
Kriko
Psycler

Date Registered:

Kriko ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

OK, about Mozilla... I just had some problems with login (-> only works from the "home" page), and (when posting) clicking on the smilies to my right doesn't cause anything to happen (unless I open the "more"-page - then I can click on smilies and they appear in the text).

I just thought this might be a Mozilla-issue, since I've had similar problems with scripts on other pages that work with IE but not Mozilla. Maybe I just need to check my configuration.

About song comments by guests... well, it might be a good thing for maximizing feedback for those who post songs. A lot of people might be willing to comment songs even if they're not interested in Psycle in general. These people might find it bothersome to sign up & login.

14.11.2003, 19:13 Profile of Kriko Add Kriko to your Buddy-List Homepage of Kriko
Beer Incorperated
Psycler

Date Registered:

Beer Incorperated ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Umm, Mozilla is W3C-compliant. While IE is not, so better get your sites working with mozilla people.

14.11.2003, 22:26 Profile of Beer Incorperated Add Beer Incorperated to your Buddy-List Homepage of Beer Incorperated
FingerSoup
Psycler

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:

something like a link to a board post ?

When I had the feature in mind, I had a layout Similar to the original Modrev site format.

The above link is to the now defunct Modrev, as opposed to the new and "improved" modrev...

Basically, when you go to the songs page, you should be able to download the song, review a song, or read the reviews for a song... Not go to a forum where you may find something in a post referring to all song reviews in general...

Last edited by FingerSoup on 14.11.2003, 23:29 o'clock.

14.11.2003, 23:27 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
heatseeker
Administrator

Date Registered:

heatseeker ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by FingerSoup
When I had the feature in mind, I had a layout Similar to the original Modrev site format.

ok. it will be possible to display number of review on the songs list page and read the reviews on the song page.
i will not insert rating stuff for the moment but i will let the possibility to do this later.

15.11.2003, 01:30 Profile of heatseeker Add heatseeker to your Buddy-List Homepage of heatseeker
DMNXS
Psycler

Date Registered:

DMNXS ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Just so you know, I use IE (Avant Browser 'addon') and can only login on the main page, too.

29.01.2004, 10:29 Profile of DMNXS Add DMNXS to your Buddy-List Add DMNXS to your Contact-List
dBlues
Psycler

Date Registered:

dBlues ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Track automation would be a good thing to see, Renoise style (with possibility to create envelopes by 'twisting knobs' during playback). And FT2-style multiple sample instruments support would be good. Native support for soundfont-instruments, alternatively, even better .

05.02.2004, 20:05 Profile of dBlues Add dBlues to your Buddy-List
alk
Psycler

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

wrong thread dblues this is about the site

06.02.2004, 20:14 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
dBlues
Psycler

Date Registered:

dBlues ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

No, I'm in the right thread, you all others are in the wrong one ...

... ok ok you got me.

Last edited by dBlues on 08.02.2004, 18:34 o'clock.

08.02.2004, 18:30 Profile of dBlues Add dBlues to your Buddy-List
alk
Psycler

Date Registered:

alk ist offline
Converging        Go on top to this Page

gooday mates

10:25 <@alk> i wonder
10:26 <@alk> would it be possible to have a cgi:irc running in a tab on the new web site (in the background)
10:26 <@alk> I mean in an iframe that can be put to the front/back
10:26 <@alk> perhaps automatically connected when browsing the site
10:26 <@alk> then people could be on the forums and on the IRC at the same time
10:27 <@alk> perhaps only for registered members of the site

This would help to unite us

:o

27.07.2004, 12:22 Profile of alk Add alk to your Buddy-List
liquid boy
Psycler

Date Registered:

liquid boy ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

this might sound bit anal (probably cos it is...), but it really bugs me how in psycle (and on the site) the tracks are called "songs" - a song is a vocally lead piece of music, with lyrics. so most psycle 'songs' aren't acutally songs at all..
now obviously i'ts not exactly a big thing, but i think it would be cool if on the site, they were referred to as 'tracks'...

27.07.2004, 13:44 Profile of liquid boy Add liquid boy to your Buddy-List Homepage of liquid boy
liquid boy
Psycler

Date Registered:

liquid boy ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

this might sound bit anal (probably cos it is...), but it really bugs me how in psycle (and on the site) the tracks are called "songs" - a song is a vocally lead piece of music, with lyrics. so most psycle 'songs' aren't acutally songs at all..
now obviously i'ts not exactly a big thing, but i think it would be cool if on the site, they were referred to as 'tracks'...

27.07.2004, 13:46 Profile of liquid boy Add liquid boy to your Buddy-List Homepage of liquid boy
MfM
Psycler

Date Registered:

MfM ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

ALK,i think it's a very good idea!!!

forum and irc at the same time ....sounds good!!

27.07.2004, 17:22 Profile of MfM Add MfM to your Buddy-List
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS