PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions MAIN BOARD wrapper plans
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

polac ist offline
  wrapper plans        Go on top to this Page

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a psycle to vst wrapper. I read the infos about licensing, seems to be legal to release such a wrapper as long as its free, or am I wrong? What do the devs scene think about it, ok for you?

22.01.2004, 19:46 Profile of polac Add polac to your Buddy-List
pooplog
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

pooplog ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I dunno about the licensing stuff, but if you write a psycle->vst adapter, i will fix some of the "undocumented features" in my plugins.

22.01.2004, 21:24 Profile of pooplog Add pooplog to your Buddy-List Homepage of pooplog
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
Original by polac
Hi all,

I'm currently working on a psycle to vst wrapper. I read the infos about licensing, seems to be legal to release such a wrapper as long as its free, or am I wrong? What do the devs scene think about it, ok for you?

You can do what you will, but if you use the Psycle core, then you should have the wrapper be open-source as well.

By Psycle to VST wrapper, do you mean you are wrapping the Psycle applications to a VST? or are you wrapping Psycle PLUGINS to a VST?

22.01.2004, 21:25 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
polac

Date Registered:

polac ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

quote:
I dunno about the licensing stuff, but if you write a psycle->vst adapter, i will fix some of the undocumented features in my plugins.

Hmm, what does this actually mean? I will not release the wrapper if one of the devs disagrees.

quote:
You can do what you will, but if you use the Psycle core, then you should have the wrapper be open-source as well.

I'm using only the machineinterface.h from Arguru, so the open source thing isn't necessary i think.

quote:
By Psycle to VST wrapper, do you mean you are wrapping the Psycle applications to a VST? or are you wrapping Psycle PLUGINS to a VST?

This would be a psycle plugin wrapper then

23.01.2004, 21:03 Profile of polac Add polac to your Buddy-List
nolwenn

Date Registered:

nolwenn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

hello Polac
You are working on a VST to Native plugins wrapper for psycle ?

For what usage would be this wrapper ?
Psycle already supports VST plugins.

Or it is for a better VST support (support for midi out), in this case you have to "enter" in the psycle sources , no ? not just write a native plugin

A directX wrapper for Psycle would be great , if it's better than the ffx4

Last edited by nolwenn on 27.01.2004, 17:23 o'clock.

27.01.2004, 17:18 Profile of nolwenn Add nolwenn to your Buddy-List
FingerSoup

Date Registered:

FingerSoup ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

I Think what he wants to build is a VST that will play Psycle plugins in other programs...

27.01.2004, 21:47 Profile of FingerSoup Add FingerSoup to your Buddy-List
TranceMyriad

Date Registered:

TranceMyriad ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

nooooo! Traitor!! ....you don't really need to make one......why not just sequence psycle externally....it would achieve the same thing (you would still get the wave output you want).....and Psycle supports VSTs anyway....i'm afraid i just don't see any real advantage to doing it....

28.01.2004, 07:25 Profile of TranceMyriad Add TranceMyriad to your Buddy-List Homepage of TranceMyriad
gnostik

Date Registered:

gnostik ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

a psycle vst wrapper would be great!

being able to use the awesome psycle synths and effects in an environment which uses visual automation tracks and sequencing would rock

would you still keep the tracker interface at all or have it just using midi commands in the hosts preferred editing interface (like a piano roll editor) ?

please keep posting updates, i am very interested...

good luck

bend your thoughts...unveil your soul

29.01.2004, 13:57 Profile of gnostik Add gnostik to your Buddy-List Homepage of gnostik
Aggravated_Alien

Date Registered:

Aggravated_Alien ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

For those who don't know Polac is reponsible for coding the Vst Adapter for Buzz.

Welcome Aboard

Last edited by Aggravated_Alien on 31.01.2004, 14:20 o'clock.

30.01.2004, 04:49 Profile of Aggravated_Alien Add Aggravated_Alien to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Woltlab Burning Board v1 Beta4.5e ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS