PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
╗ Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics-DiscussionsTIPS BOARD ╗ Feedback problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

kvaksha ist offline
  Feedback problem        Go on top to this Page

Hi all
I'm somewhat new to Psycle and tracking as a concept, so my question might be a very stupid one.
Anyway, here it is:
when using synths (VST/native Psycle's) with long pad or lead or arpeggiated sounds I experience feedback lasting even after the pattern ends, ie when there's no note on. This really depresses me
Is there any way to handle this?

13.10.2003, 09:47 Profile of kvaksha Add kvaksha to your Buddy-List Add kvaksha to your Contact-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

you have to enter a note-off command ("1" by default)

13.10.2003, 11:27 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
kvaksha

Date Registered:

kvaksha ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thanx! But in which column should it go?

13.10.2003, 11:43 Profile of kvaksha Add kvaksha to your Buddy-List Add kvaksha to your Contact-List
[JAZ]
Psycle Developer

Date Registered:

[JAZ] ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

first, the concept:

Normally, synths need a note on to start and a note off to stop generating sound. (Some can be configured to auto-noteoff after a certain time, but not all).

A note off not only means the sound stopping, but also means a way of stopping it. Most synths have a "sustain volume" and "release time" parameters, which determine at which volume it stays before pressing note-off, and how time it takes to fadeout the sound after a note-off. You usually can configure the value of filters and other parameters after note-off.

Now, knowing that it needs it and what it offers, the thing is easy, you need to noteoff the note you've activated, and to do so, you put it in the same track.

There's no problem to put all note-offs at the first pattern, because if there's nothing to note-off, nothing wil be.

Hope this helps you to use Psycle better.

Edit: Not sure if you've fully understood ksn's comment. To enter a note-off, you have to press the key "1" that is over the Q (not the numerical pad). This is the default value for this key, since Psycle allows you to customize the keyboard layout.

Finally, you have to press this key on the first column of the track, just where you put the notes.

13.10.2003, 14:00 Profile of [JAZ] Add [JAZ] to your Buddy-List
kvaksha

Date Registered:

kvaksha ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Thank you very much Jaz! Now I got it

13.10.2003, 14:30 Profile of kvaksha Add kvaksha to your Buddy-List Add kvaksha to your Contact-List
ksn

Date Registered:

ksn ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

mmm sorry if my answer was a bit 'short'

13.10.2003, 14:50 Profile of ksn Add ksn to your Buddy-List Homepage of ksn Add ksn to your Contact-List
kvaksha

Date Registered:

kvaksha ist offline
       Go on top to this Page

13.10.2003, 15:57 Profile of kvaksha Add kvaksha to your Buddy-List Add kvaksha to your Contact-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS