PSYCLE's home     
     since may 2000
  news / home  files songs boards links all registered members about psycledelics Statistics    
Welcome to -psycledelics-. If this is your 1st visit please read the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions You must register before you can post here: Please click above on Registration to register yourself. You do not need to register if you only want to read Threads.
Login with Username & Password:

Remember me on this PC.
-psycledelics- Discussions TIPS BOARD please help me with vsts
« Previous Thread Next Thread » Show a Printable Version  Send this to a Friend  Add to Favorites
Thread closed
Author

Date Registered:

corecid ist offline
  please help me with vsts        Go on top to this Page

help me please,
can i use the same vst with different sounds or do i have to creat a new one
eg: fm7 :bass
and then create another fm7 for eg: leadsynth?
thank you

07.07.2003, 06:38 Profile of corecid Add corecid to your Buddy-List
MarkJ

Date Registered:

MarkJ ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

Hi corecid,

assuming you mean vst-Instruments (VSTI), there are several possible answers to your question:

case1:
if you want to play different programs (patches, sounds) NOT at the same time (pattern 1: fm7 bass, then in pattern 2 you want to play the fm7 with a leadsynth sound), you just need to send a program change command via MIDI to your VSTI to switch between programs.

case 2:
if you want to play a VSTI with several sounds simultaneously, you may need to

a) either create the required number of VSTI instances in the VST Host app or

b) fake it by recording a pattern with one sound to wav and playing this wav in the sampler while using the VSTI for a second, third ... sound of the same instrument or

c) if a VSTI (or any externally connected and MIDI-controllable hardware instrument) supports keyboard splitting, you could set up the VSTI to play different sounds at different keyboard sections (either simultaneously or not), so you could e.g. play the bass sound on the keyboard from c1 to b2 and the leadsynth sound from c3 upwards).
The same would be true for layered sounds or for multitimbral instruments (see answer 2b for faking this, it's basically the same, just play the identical pattern instead of different ones...).
That depends on the possibilities of the VSTI, most freely available VSTIs (or cheaper hardware synths)don't support these features.

Actually I also don't know if these features can be controled via Psycle, I still haven't got very much into the implemented MIDI commands.
Maybe someone else can help out on this????

Greetings and happy Psycle-ing
MarkJ

07.07.2003, 07:37 Profile of MarkJ Add MarkJ to your Buddy-List
corecid

Date Registered:

corecid ist offline
         Go on top to this Page

thank you maan,
i have an mk361c evolution midi controller
i hope this is all i need to use to controll the vsti

using one absynth machine and in different patterns different parameters from absynth

anymore info would be helpfull thank you

07.07.2003, 07:42 Profile of corecid Add corecid to your Buddy-List
  « Previous Thread Next Thread »
Thread closed
Jump to:

© 2002-2007 psycledelics | Powered by Hivoox.ma ©2001 Woltlab GbR|Setup & mod for psycledelics by: SAS