"Phew"! The virtual generators feature is finished and working!
I am finishing the modifications on usability and verifying that there isn't anything broken.
Summary of changes:
* Virtual generators (indexes from 81 to FE usable as "virtual generators"
. They appear in the generators combobox and can be used in the pattern.
* Sampler and Sampulse instruments have an option to assign them to a virtual generator index and sampler/sampulse machine that it will use to play.
* "aux" column is working properly as a volume column with virtual generators.
* The different modules load and use the virtual generators. It is important to know that some pattern rows do not use virtual generator indexes, because of "previous unknown" (data in the pattern without specifying which instrument it uses), or special meanings (see in the tweakings and commands documentation, the Sampulse command part to know more about this).
* note duplicator machines support virtual instruments (this might be useful now, think about multi-osci samples)
* Sampler machine implementation modified. Now it supports the mcm command correctly (needed for the volume column of virtual generators), and also added the portamento to note command.
There have also been some other changes related to how the keyboard handling is done, mostly to clean up the code and avoid duplicates. I still need to test all the cases to validate it's working as expected.
Finally, some of the bugs reported here have been fixed as well.
I will probably release 1.11.4 *alpha* tomorrow or so, in order to allow you to have a first look at it, before releasing 1.11.4 beta publicly in one or two weeks.
I will post some screenshots in google plus site.