| New beta version 1.12.2 beta released |
| Posted by: [JAZ], 04.03.2017, 20:53 .|
After more than two years from the 1.12 release, and after more than one year without news, here there is a beta version of what has been developed until now.
This release has been packaged with the classic installer, as well as the .zipped version, that can run directly from the directory and stores the settings locally (the key is the psycle.ini file).
The new features are almost entirely around Lua, including an integrated editor (check out the View-> New Plugin editor), as well as fixes here and there.
Just in case, the plugin amount limit has been increased from 2048 to 10000.
You can download them from sourceforge:
| Psycle and Windows 10 |
| Posted by: [JAZ], 02.08.2015, 17:14 .|
Windows 10 has just recently been officially released, and given the ability to upgrade to it for free that Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users have, it is to be expected that sooner than later you will start using Psycle on it.
I've just done that, and so far, it seems to work well (WASAPI, MIDI, VSTs in general...), but there are a few things that pop up here and there.
First off, there is a strange problem with the plugin cache. It has to be regenerated, else Psycle doesn't start. I am not sure if this is because of some concrete plugin, or it is in how the cache is saved (i couldn't made a compare between a working and a non working one).
There is an easy way to regenerate it without deleting the file explicitly (the place where it is located depends on where you are saving the configuration):
* Launch Psycle with the parameter /skipscan
There are several ways to do this. One is opening a command prompt in psycle's folder, and then writing psycle.exe /skipscan . The other is modifying the psycle's start menu link and adding /skipscan at the end of the destination (add a space before /skipscan)
* Once Psycle launches this way, go directly to "configuration" menu and clic on "Regenerate the plugin cache". Do not try to open the add machine dialog, since that runs the process that we're trying to avoid.
The other issue is that some VST plugins might not work or crash. Aside of the problems that were already present in Windows 7 and 8 (which is that some plugins need Psycle to run as administrator), I've encountered a problem with BlueCat freeware plugins. I had to uninstall them, because they crash Psycle when it scans them. Strangely, the 64bit versions seems to work well.
I will investigate this further.
If you found any other relevant issue, feel free to post it on the boards so that we take a look at it.
| Psycle 1.12.1 beta available for testing |
| Posted by: [JAZ], 03.05.2015, 19:22 .|
Psycle version 1.12.1 beta has been released.
This time, we've made available a zipped folder that can be run directly without installation, so it is good to test without changing your current setup.
It should be stable, but some changes haven't been tested extensively. It contains improvements to use samples and instruments with sampler and sampulse.
It also contains a new host for LADSPA effects (not fully tested yet) and improvements on the Lua Host that was added for 1.12.
It also fixes some bugs that were found since the release of 1.12.
See the whatsnew.txt file in the Docs dir for more information.
It can be downloaded from sourceforge at the location http://sourceforge.net/projects/psycle/f...ta.zip/download
| Psycle 1.12.0 has been released |
| Posted by: [JAZ], 06.10.2014, 00:11 .|
Version 1.12 of Psycle has finally reached release status.
This version is the result of the three 1.11 betas, with three main changes from version 1.10:
The finalization of the Sampulse machine and changes in the way sampled sounds are used, including the Virtual Generator feature (See the help manual for information), a new machine host based on Lua scripting (see the LuaScriptingManual and the included scripts for information), and finally, a new skin as well as new skin options for skin developers (pattern header with track names, and ability to skin the mixer and the master)
It can be downloaded from the files section at sourceforge:
| Development is near for a new release |
| Posted by: [JAZ], 02.08.2014, 20:44 .|
"Phew"! The virtual generators feature is finished and working!
I am finishing the modifications on usability and verifying that there isn't anything broken.
Summary of changes:
* Virtual generators (indexes from 81 to FE usable as "virtual generators"
. They appear in the generators combobox and can be used in the pattern.
* Sampler and Sampulse instruments have an option to assign them to a virtual generator index and sampler/sampulse machine that it will use to play.
* "aux" column is working properly as a volume column with virtual generators.
* The different modules load and use the virtual generators. It is important to know that some pattern rows do not use virtual generator indexes, because of "previous unknown" (data in the pattern without specifying which instrument it uses), or special meanings (see in the tweakings and commands documentation, the Sampulse command part to know more about this).
* note duplicator machines support virtual instruments (this might be useful now, think about multi-osci samples)
* Sampler machine implementation modified. Now it supports the mcm command correctly (needed for the volume column of virtual generators), and also added the portamento to note command.
There have also been some other changes related to how the keyboard handling is done, mostly to clean up the code and avoid duplicates. I still need to test all the cases to validate it's working as expected.
Finally, some of the bugs reported here have been fixed as well.
I will probably release 1.11.4 *alpha* tomorrow or so, in order to allow you to have a first look at it, before releasing 1.11.4 beta publicly in one or two weeks.
I will post some screenshots in google plus site.